- Working with dogs of all breeds, sizes and ages
- Behavior problem diagnosis & resolution
- Proven and lasting reward-based methods
- Overcoming aggression & anxiety issues
- Expert Instruction at both ends of the leash!
- Your dog comes when called...no matter what
- Your dog waits at doorways and curbs
- Your dog sits politely when guests arrive
- Your dog is calm when other dogs approach
- Your dog responds well to vet exams & grooming
- Your dog walks nicely on a loose leash
We don't train dogs the way a lot of other trainers do. To us, commands like "heel," "sit" and "stay" are useful, but are really just one means to an end. The end being a nice, calm, responsive dog that can be taken most anywhere, trusted in the house, and can be around other dogs. Many of the dogs we work with already know most of their basic commands, but only do them on a selective basis, when nothing better or more interesting is going on, which is typically the exact time we'd like them to listen to us!
We think a great deal of dog training has to do with the relationship a family has with their dog and the environment the dog lives in. We provide clients with a proven, structured program to follow that includes specific techniques, exercises, tools and vocabulary.
We often get calls from people who say their dog previously "failed" dog obedience training. The issue is typically not the dog but what the other dog obedience instructor failed to successfully teach the owner. Our method of setting dogs up for success and focusing on both ends of the leash is a major factor that sets our expert trainers apart.